|One of the cute moments - giving Gareth a hug
Here's a bit of Malcolm at two:
- He loves to scream. If he's happy/excited, he screams. If he's angry, he screams. Loud, high-pitched, ear-piercing shrieks. Some days my ears ache by the end of the day. Thanks for the hearing loss, kid.
- Cars and balls are some of his favorite toys, though he also adores stuffed animals.
- He likes to read. I started trying to be more consistent about reading him a bedtime story and usually he seems to enjoy it. He has also started requesting books to "read" while we're driving in the car. Gareth reads in the car all the time, so Malcolm must follow suit I guess.
Wishing he were ready to read this book
- When he decides to speak, rather than scream, he's quite good at using phrases. He started using phrases earlier than Gareth did. Some common ones are: "Where's uh ball?", "Izza [insert item name here - poop, ball, shoe, etc]", and "Dee dah doo" or something like that. It means "I got you" but is very similar to his "peek-a-boo".
- He will name items he doesn't know the real name for by who he sees using them. So if we're doing laundry, a shirt of Ryan's will be "izza daddy" and something of Gareth's will be "izza dehs". There are lots of things that are daddy in our house - the speaker, the shower, various clothes, the drumset/sticks, the computer.
- He loves going downstairs because then he can sneak in some banging on daddy's drumset.
- He loves being outside and will often request to go out, rain or shine.
- He loves dogs and cats and is also terrified of them. Every time he sees a dog he desperately wants to touch it, but if it so much as twitches he starts screaming in terror. If a cat is out while we're walking he will try to stay close to it, but if it moves suddenly then he'll run and hide behind me and scream.